Offering Free Connectivity, Deferred Payments, Internet First Program and More to Help Customers Amid COVID-19 through June 30th
SAN MARCOS, TX – May 4, 2020 — Grande Communications, an award-winning and leading provider of fiber and broadband services, announced it will extend its commitments through June 30 to ensure business and residential customers remain connected to the internet during the COVID-19 crisis.
Originally announced on April 6, the company made the following commitments that will now be extended through June 30, 2020:
- Grande is offering free internet and WiFi for 60 days to all qualifying low-income households, especially students in low income households who do not already subscribe to the company’s internet service and who enroll in the Internet First program.
- The Internet First program is affordable internet designed to help families and students in low-income households to have reliable access to the internet. It will enable them to home school, do homework, and access educational resources and more. Grande is partnering with school districts to ensure local communities are aware of the program’s extension and the tools to help students learn remotely.
- The Internet First program includes 25Mbps high-speed internet service at $9.95 per month and is available to all eligible new residential customers who do not currently have Grande service. Installation fees will be waived for eligible students and new customers.
- More information on Internet First is available at mygrande.com/internet-first.
- Grande will not terminate service to any residential or business customer because of their inability to pay their bills due to disruptions caused by COVID-19. Customers can reach out to make special arrangements to keep services active.
- Grande will waive any late fees that any residential or small business customer might normally incur because of their economic circumstance related to COVID-19.
Grande continues to see excellent performance of their network with engineers, field technicians, and operations centers on point 24/7 to meet shifts in usage patterns and increased traffic. While many are still working, learning and connecting from home, the company remains vigilant in monitoring all network and support systems to ensure customers receive the fastest and most reliable connections and service.
“Now, more than ever, keeping people connected is a critical priority,” said Chris Fenger, Chief Operating Officer of Grande Communications. “In extending these measures, Grande will continue to help ensure that customers are able to continue to work, learn, and stay informed from the safety of their own homes. We are committed and ready to do our part in supporting our employees and our customers during this time.”
In addition, Grande is supporting the broader communities it services with its newly launched Everyday Hero program. Residents are invited to nominate a local hero in their community via the website here. Grande and our family of companies will donate $100,000 in total to help feed America.
For details on all Grande programs and additional updates on the company’s response to COVID-19, please visit mygrande.com/we-care.
# # #
About Grande Communications:
Grande Communications is an award-winning locally based broadband communications company that offers a full suite of internet, TV, and phone services for residential and business customers through its state-of-the-art, high-capacity, hybrid fiber-optic network. Since its launch 18 years ago, Grande has offered Texans a real choice in entertainment and communications services. Grande delivers fast Gig internet up to 940Mbps, and is backed by outstanding local customer and technical support. In fact, Grande has been named PCMag 2019 Readers’ Choice Award winner for best internet service provider (ISP) in the United States. Grande serves the following communities: Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, San Marcos, Corpus Christi (including Calallen and Annaville), Midland, Odessa, Greater Temple and Waco. For more information, visit mygrande.com, like Grande Communications on Facebook, or follow @grandecom on Twitter.
About RCN, Grande Communications and Wave Broadband
RCN Telecom Services, LLC (www.rcn.com) Grande Communications (www.mygrande.com) and Wave Broadband (www.wavebroadband.com) form the sixth largest US cable operator and provide industry-leading high-speed internet, broadband products, digital TV, phone services and fiber optic solutions for residential and business customers across the United States. Together, RCN, Grande and Wave serve areas of Massachusetts, Chicago, Pennsylvania, New York City, and Washington, DC. (RCN); Texas (Grande Communications) and Washington, Oregon and California (Wave Broadband).