1. What is Grande2Go?
Grande2Go presents a unique opportunity to watch hundreds of shows anywhere you have Internet access on your laptop/PC, iOS/Apple and Android devices.
Grande2Go, powered by TiVo, gives you the superior experience of TiVo guides and screens. Grande2Go will provide access to a catalog of programs made available to Grande from cable and broadcast networks. Since Grande2Go is powered by TiVo, you can search, browse and get recommendations on what to watch live or from Grande2Go’s titles. For those who have a DVR powered by TiVo, you can schedule new recordings or, manage your existing recordings anywhere you have Internet access, easily and conveniently. If you do not have a DVR powered by TiVo (Motorola or Cisco DVR customers), you will still have access to Grande2Go content, but will not be able to manage your DVR from Grande2Go.
NOTE: Internet access is required to use Grande2Go. Subscription to Grande Digital TV required and the availability of programming varies depending on the level of service you subscribe to and networks’ programming library.
2. What kinds of networks or programs are available?
Enjoy many of your favorite channels and shows on a variety of networks with more on the way. Stay tuned for additional announcements!
3. How do I access Grande2Go? Is it an app or a website?
On Your Computer, PC, MAC or laptop:
- Grande2Go is an app that can be accessed via the web at www.Grande2Go.com.
- A MyGrande username and password will be needed to sign in.
- MyGrande usernames would end with "@mygrande.net" or a "@grandecom.net" email address. Your username is the first part of your Grande email address. For example, if your email address is: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org then your username is abc_xyz.
- If you do not have a "@mygrande.net" or "@grandecom.net" email address, please contact our Customer Care Center to create one.
- If you do not know your password, go to http://mygrande.com/customer-service/faq/account and follow instructions on how to reset.
On Your iOS/Apple or Android Device – Tablet or Phone:
- Download the free app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
- Search for ‘Grande2Go’ and download our app.
- When the download is complete, tap the icon to launch the Grande2Go app.
- Enter your MyGrande username and password into the app. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be kept signed in.
4. What can you do with Grande2Go?
If you are a Grande Digital TV customer, you’ve got Grande2Go at no extra cost. The Grande2Go portal and mobile app is a TV Everywhere product powered by TiVo. It allows Grande cable subscribers to watch hundreds of shows and programs on a laptop, computer, tablet or mobile device anywhere they have Internet access, at home or away. Plus, if you have a DVR powered by TiVo, you can access your recorded shows or remotely setup new recordings so you never miss your favorite shows again.
5. How do you watch Live TV?
PC or Laptop: The Live TV Channels carousel gives you quick access to channels that offer live online streaming of their programming through Grande2Go. Simply click on the channel you want to watch live. Grande2Go will take you to the network’s page where you can watch what is being shown on live TV on that channel.
Tablet or Mobile Device: What to Watch Now is the first screen you’ll see when you open the Grande2Go app. See something you like? Click the program and choose an available option:
Watch Now, Record, Upcoming, Explore & More.
- You can choose to “Watch Now” at any time, wherever there is an Internet connection. For example, say you want to watch an NBC show. When you click “Watch Now,” you will see available viewing options such as “Watch on TV, Watch on NBC”, etc. If you select “Watch on NBC”, you will be redirected to NBC’s online site to watch from there. To “Watch on TV” you must be in your home.
- You can watch live TV on your mobile device by selecting the channel you want to watch under the “Live TV” heading within Grande2Go. For the best user experience on a tablet or mobile device, you will need to have the individual network app already downloaded to your device. If you do not, you will be redirected to the iTunes App store or Google Play where you can download it for FREE. From there, you will be directed back to the network’s site to watch a show. Once on the network site, you will need to search for the program again and then select it to watch.
- The Grande2Go viewer experience will vary based on device used. Availability of programs to watch live will also vary and is determined by the cable TV network(s).
6. What features are available with the Grande2Go app?
With our free app, if a channel is in your Grande Digital TV package and is part of the Grande2Go line up, you can watch it wherever there’s an Internet connection. Plus, if you have a DVR powered by TiVo, you can also do just about everything from your tablet or mobile device that you can do with your TiVo® remote control, such as:
- Find, explore and watch shows.
- Find out more about the cast and crew.
- Set recordings for TV shows, movies or a series.
- Browse and manage your recordings in My Shows.
- At home, transform your device into a second TV screen or a remote control.
7. What’s the difference between using Grande2Go at home or away?
Grande2Go offers great entertainment options whether your device is connected to your home Wi‐Fi network or you’re out and about. In Home (IH)—This mode is only applicable for DVR’s powered by TiVo. Out of Home (OOH)—This mode is applicable to all users and is the default mode for non-TiVo powered DVR users. In this mode, TiVo powered DVR users can manage DVR recordings while online.
What you can do and how you do it depends on which mode you’re using. If you are out and about, the Grande2Go app lets you find and explore shows and/or setup, manage or delete recordings on your DVR box powered by TiVo. You can also watch TV while away from home if you have an Internet connection.
You can watch live TV on your mobile device by selecting the channel you want to watch under the “LiveTV” heading within Grande2Go. For the best user experience on a tablet or mobile device, you will need to have the individual network app already downloaded to your device.
- Browse the TV guide to see what’s on up to 14 days in the future.
- Watch recorded shows stored on your DVR powered by TiVo (only in home and only if
you have a 6‐tuner DVR powered by TiVo or TiVo Stream)*
*Not all content is transferable due to copyright protections.
- For the best user experience on a tablet or mobile device, you will need to have the individual network app already downloaded to your device. If you do not, you will be redirected to the iTunes App store or Google Play where you can download it for FREE. From there, you will be directed back to the network’s site to watch a show. Once on the network site, you will need to search for the program again and then select it to watch.
- With your DVR box powered by TiVo connected to your home Wi‐Fi network, the Grande2Go app lets you use your table or mobile device like an advanced remote to control DVR, setup, manage and delete recordings on your DVR, and find and explore shows.
- If you do not have a DVR powered by TiVo (i.e. Motorola or Cisco DVR customers), you will be able to enjoy all the same programs, but will not be able to manage your DVR from Grande2Go.
*Using the Grande2Go app as a remote control is only available in the home while on your home Wi‐Fi network. When using Grande2Go outside of your home network, there may be certain viewing and streaming restrictions for select networks, programs or TV shows. These restrictions are based on programming contractual rules or copyright protections that must be enforced by Grande.
8. What devices can I access Grande2Go on?
The Grande2Go viewer experience will vary based on device. Not all devices have the necessary software required to view shows or programs provided by the network. Certain content may require Flash Player software to be installed to view. Grande2Go is available on PCs, MACs, iOS and Android devices. You can access Grande2Go on any personal computer running Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 with the latest version of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer browser. You can also access it on any MAC running MAC OSX version 14.6 or later through the latest version of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari browsers. Edge users may encounter some features that are not currently available. Safari users may need to disable ad blocking for the best experience.
9. What features should I be aware of and what do they do?
- Categories: Newly Available, Live TV Channels, Recommendations, Popular, My
Shows, Browse Categories.
*Some features require a HD/DVR powered by TiVo
- Newly Available: Tells you what programs are available from a particular cable
network to watch online on their website.
- My Shows: Tells you what is available to watch online or on your HD/DVR powered by TiVo
1 Find a show on Grande2Go that you want to watch later?
2 Click “Add live stream to My Shows” to tag that episode or series so any new episodes that are available online by that network will automatically appear.
- WishListTM – if you’re using the Explore button, and you’ve selected a cast or crew member, the WishList button will appear. Create a WishList and your TiVo-powered DVR will automatically record everything that cast or crew member is in as it appears on TV.
- Watch Now – Lets you see what is available to watch Now, Next, Tonight. If you’re looking at the Info screen, guide or details of a TV program, tapping “Watch Now” will start the program on your TiVo powered DVR. If you’re watching live TV, you’ll need to be connected to the Internet and have the channel as part of your Grande Digital TV package, plus it’ll need to be part of our Grande2Go lineup.
- Record – Want to record a single program or a whole series? Just tap on Record. Then you’ll see new buttons that help you manage your recordings. You can set and manage your recordings through your Grande2Go app or through your TiVo powered DVR at home.
- OnePass – use this button to manage your OnePass recordings on your TiVo-powered DVR. You can change your recording options or cancel them.
- Upcoming – tapping this lists all showings of a program within the next two weeks. Tap a program in the list and you’ll see the Action buttons you can use for it.
- Explore – Want to find out more about a program, like who’s starring in it or who’s directing it? Or discover more programs like it? Or find other episodes? Tap the Explore button. You can see this button when you’re looking at these menus: Info (when you’re at home), Guide or My Shows.
Explore all of these to see what programs are available via Grande2Go and what you can do with it!
10. What cable boxes are supported/unsupported for guide and DVR scheduling using Grande2Go?
Grande Digital TV subscribers can access the Newly Available, My Shows, Browse, Guide and Search features on Grande2Go. Grande subscribers with a DVR powered by TiVo will also be able to access the remote scheduling feature and view the list of their recordings on their TiVo-powered DVR through the “My Shows On DVR” page.
11. Can I use Grande2Go to manage my set‐top boxes, DVR recordings, etc.?
With a Grande DVR powered by TiVo, you can use Grande2Go to create and delete individual recordings, OnePass and wish lists. Find a show playing on TV that you want to record? Simply hit the Record button and Grande2Go will schedule the recordings in real time and help you resolve any conflict on the go. Using Grande2Go you can manage your TiVo-powered DVR and schedule recordings, OnePass and wish list searches. Grande customers who currently use TiVo.com to schedule their recordings and OnePass recordings can now do this through Grande2Go instead.
12. What do I need in order to use Grande2Go?
Internet access is required. Subscription to Grande Digital TV is also required along with a Grande member ID and password to login. The availability of programs varies depending on the level of service you subscribe to and the library of shows made available to Grande by the cable networks. Not all devices have the necessary software required to view shows or programs provided by the cable networks. Certain content may require Flash Player software to be installed to view.
13. Do I need a wireless router to use Grande2Go?
Grande2Go works on any wired or wireless connected laptop, desktop, iOS or Android device.
14. Will I need to purchase any extra equipment from Grande?
No, as long as you are a current Grande Digital TV subscriber.
15. Is there a monthly charge to use Grande2Go?
No. Grande2Go is included FREE with your Grande Digital TV subscription.
16. Can I use Grande2Go with my limited basic only cable service?
Yes. Access to programs will be limited to the level of service you subscribe to. For example, if you want to watch a show from a channel that is on our Premiere level of service, you’ll need to subscribe to our Premiere tier to access that show through Grande2Go.
17. What if I’m an Internet-only customer?
Grande2Go is only available to Grande Digital TV subscribers. Subscription to Grande video is necessary to use Grande2Go.
18. How many days of programming are available on Grande2Go guide?
The Grande2Go guide presents programming information for up to 7 days back and 14 days forward. This is a programming schedule only and is intended to assist Grande subscribers with a DVR powered by TiVo so that they can schedule their recordings and see what programs are available to watch online. The guide will display programs that already aired but you will not be able to go back in time to watch them live.
19. How often does the programming available on Grande2Go change?
The shows, programs, movies and more that are available on Grande2Go are determined by the programming partners (like ABC, NBC and others – it’s what they provide to Grande that will appear on Grande2Go).
20. How do I customize the program guide on Grande2Go to fit what I want to see?
With Grande2Go, you can search the guide for a given channel, update the time and date you are looking for and even filter the guide based on your “Favorite Channel” selections on your DVR powered by TiVo. At the top of the Guide page you will also see a carousel of program recommendations that are broadcasting right now so you can find interesting and popular shows to watch on your TV.
21. Can I watch TV programs recorded from my home DVR outside of my home?
You can watch programs recorded on your home DVR powered by TiVo as long as the episodes/titles are available to watch online through one of the networks available on Grande2Go (like NBC, TBS, ABC, etc.). To see it, select the show you want to watch and click “Watch Now”. Remember, the network (like NBC, TBS, ABC, etc.) must make that particular episode available online in order for you to watch it.
* When using Grande2Go outside of your home network, there may be certain viewing and streaming restrictions for select networks, programs or TV shows. These restrictions are based on programming contractual rules or copyright protections that must be enforced by Grande.
22. Will Grande2Go work with another cable provider’s mobile Internet hot spot?
Yes – if you can login to that other cable provider’s mobile Internet hot spot.
23. Can I use Grande2Go inside another Grande customer’s home? What if they have a cable provider other than Grande?
You may use Grande2Go in either scenario, as long as you have Internet access and you are a Grande Digital TV subscriber.
24. How will I receive notice on my devices when there is an upgrade available or an enhancement made?
Grande2Go will automatically update from time to time to ensure that we deliver the best experience possible. You do not need to do anything yourself – it will automatically occur. For tablets and mobile devices, you’ll be prompted to download when a new version is available just as you would with any other app today.
25. Can I use Grande2Go outside my home (beyond my yard)? How far can I go?
You can access Grande2Go wherever you can get access to Internet.
26. Is closed captioning supported on Grande2Go?
The playback of a show or program occurs on 3rd party websites. While Grande2Go illustrates what is available to watch and when, the programs themselves are provided by these 3rd party websites which are hosted by the networks. Closed captioning would be offered through the cable networks that are providing online content to Grande2Go.
27. Can I block specific channels from viewing on Grande2Go?
28. How do I activate parental controls on Grande2Go?
Parental controls are currently not supported on Grande2Go.
29. What are the computer browser requirements for Grande2Go?
See above Question #4.
30. How many tablets/smartphones can I use with Grande2Go?
There is no limit on the number of devices that you can use simultaneously with Grande2Go.
31. Can I access the Grande On Demand library or Pay‐Per‐View?
32. Is there the possibility of a video freezing, stopping or stuttering? What would cause that?
The playback of a show or program occurs on 3rd party cable network websites. These websites may be subject to quality degradations due to user traffic and congestion, poor signal quality, transmission noise or variable bandwidth. Playback may freeze, stop or stutter in certain network conditions.